So if you’re a foodie, a seasoned gardener, want to get your kids excited about quality food or are simply looking for a green gift for your dad and always struggle, this is for you!
The kit contains everything you’ll need, just follow these Four Simple Steps (stages 5 and 6 are cooking and eating!)
- Remove growbag from top of box
- Remove lightweight outer bag and rinse off any white growth from growbag
- Carefully cut the bag open along the marked cross without cutting too deeply.
- Peel off perforated card panel from front of box.
- Submerge the growbag in cold water.
- After 12 hours drain standing water from inside the pack and squeeze out air from the top.
- Replace the bag into box and stand upright.
- Attach water spray pump to suitable bottle.
- Choose a cool, light airy spot for your Kitchen Garden, out of direct sunlight.
- Spray the open cross with water mister at least twice a day, right through till harvest time.
- You won’t see much for the first week, but in week 2 the mushrooms will start to emerge, doubling in size every day!
- They’re ready to harvest when the caps start to turn up. If in doubt, check out these photos
- Harvest the whole bouquet in one go – it’s a two handed operation!
- Clasp the bouquet at the base, gently
- twist and pull.
It’s an intriguing idea and sounds amazing huh?
Have a read of our FAQ’s as they should answer most of your questions.