There are hundreds of amazing recipes you can make using our pink and pearl oyster mushrooms. The bright summery colour of the hot pinks will make any dish a real show stopper and won’t fail to impress. We’ve already shared our delicious mushroom risotto recipe and there are loads of others for you to try on our recipe page. Having grown the star ingredient with your own bare hands, many of you will agree that simple is often best; especially as the mushrooms themselves taste amazing! This recipe is particularly quick to prepare, so if you’re in a hurry or tired after a busy day, you won’t find anything easier or tastier.
See our exotic twist on the sautéed mushrooms recipe is below. We think it’s a great way to make the most of these beautiful pink oyster mushrooms. It makes a particularly tasty side dish for a stir fry or a summer salad. Oyster mushrooms are also packed with vitamins and are high in protein, so not only do they taste great, but they are really good for you too!
Hot Pink Sauté
By August 22, 2014Published:
- Yield: Serves 2
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
There are hundreds of amazing recipes you can make using our pink and pearl oyster mushrooms. The bright summery colour of the hot …
- 1 bouquet Hot Pink Oyster Mushrooms
- Dash Sesame oil
- 2 Spring onions sliced into thin cross-sections
- 1 Clove Fresh ginger finely sliced
- 1 Garlic Clove finely sliced
- 1 Handful parsley (or coriander) roughly chopped
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To prepare the mushrooms, firstly remove the firmer and whiter part of the stem. Keep the small ones whole, but you may need to tear any larger ones in half.
- In a mixing bowl, place you garlic, ginger and mushrooms. Then add a generous dash of sesame oil. Mix all the ingredients together so that the mushrooms have a light coating of oil.
- Heat your frying pan and then throw in the pink mushrooms mix; keep this moving around the pan. You’ll notice they change colour quickly as they cook, losing their pinkness and turning a shade of orange.
- After 2-3 minutes the mushrooms should almost be cooked. Add in the spring onions and herbs. Season to taste and add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Give all your ingredients a final mix to ensure that they heat through and you’re ready to serve. If accompanying a stir fry, you can also add soy sauce to taste.