This Oyster Mushroom recipe is from Ollie Couillaud, mushroom grower extraordinaire, and head chef of award winning Lawn Bistro, Wimbledon, who has been kind enough to share one of his recipes he knocked up at home with our oyster mushrooms.
We’re excited about this one, as it’s an alternative Moule and Oyster combination for sure. Great mix of really healthy ingredients, and as you’ll see from Ollie’s photos, it’s a great way of getting kids into diverse foods!
As is the style for many of our recipes, the proportions and timings are approximate, but hopefully this will stimulate your ideas and get the creative culinary juices flowing…
Ollie’s Mega Moule and Oyster Mushroom Recipe Recipe
By January 29, 2013Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
It goes a little bit like this.....
- 1 kg Moule
- 1 bouquet Oyster Mushrooms roughly chopped
- 2 Plaice fillets (or any other white fish)
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- 1 knob butter
- bay leaves
- 1/2 glass White Wine
- Mussel's first: Heat up an empty pan. Throw in the mussels with a little white wine and cover with a lid. shake them every now and again.
- Once cooked and opened (after around 4-5 mins), drain the mussels and keep the liquor.
Remove the moules from their shells.
- The Oyster Mushrooms: In a pan, heat up a little olive oil.
Throw in those mega lovely oyster mushrooms.
Saute for a couple of minutes
- Add a knob of butter, chopped garlic, shallots, thyme and bay leaf, cook gently for further 3 mins.
Once the mushrooms are cooked, remove the pan from the heat.
- Add in the mussels and finish with lemon juice. You could jazz it up with a bit of chopped flat parsley too
- Add the mussel liquor to the mushroom pan, and put the seasoned fillets of plaice on top of the mushrooms.
Cover with a lid and cook gently. For plaice, it'll take 4 to 6 minutes. For thicker fish, slightly longer.
- Et Boom, voila!