Valentina’s Beauty of Oyster Mushroom Pasta recipe
Better still, she was kind enough to share her Oyster Mushroom and Pasta recipe.
We love this recipe; its simple to make with an uncomplicated mix of ingredients but this is another fantastic recipe that allows the beauty of the oyster mushrooms to shine through, and we hope you’re tempted to give it a go.
We’ll take this recipe from the moment Valentina harvests the mushrooms…
- YIELD: 4 Servings
- PREP: 5 mins
- COOK: 15 mins
- READY IN: 20 mins
"Once these beauties were picked, I decided to make an oyster mushroom pasta dish!"
- 2 Shallots chopped
- 20 ml Red Wine
- 500 ml double cream
- 1 bouquet home grown oyster mushrooms torn into chunks
- sprinkle salt and pepper
- In a separate pan, cook up some pasta to mix with the sauce when cooked.
- Start by frying two chopped shallots and the mushrooms in a frying pan for around 5 minutes or until the shallots were translucent.
- Then add 500ml of cream into the pan and leave this to simmer for another 4 minutes.
- If you want to add that extra taste sensation, a few glugs of red white is a must! Add this for the last minute and bring back to simmer.
- Let it simmer for a further 3 minutes. Add the sauce to your favourite pasta and voila!
- Once the delicious mushroom flavours have infused into the cream, season to taste!