We love this oyster mushroom recipe from chef Sam Metcalfe. Sam runs the award winning Sam’s of Brighton bistro that serve up exceptional British dishes in Brighton. In fact, Sam’s of Brighton was the first restaurant to serve our mushrooms in March last year – doesn’t time fly!
Sam’s been growing our mushroom kits from time to time and has shared this mushroom stroganoff recipe with us, it’s quick to cook and relatively simple but really great mixture of ingredients and lovely rich flavour.
Sam’s Espresso Mushroom and Scotch Beef Fillet Stroganoff Recipe
By March 5, 2013Published:
- Yield: Serves Two
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
We love this oyster mushroom recipe from chef Sam Metcalfe. Sam runs the award winning Sam's of Brighton bistro that serve up …
- 200 g Beef fillet chopped into fine strips
- 100 g Oyster Mushrooms torn into chunks
- 2 shallots chopped
- 3 gherkins sliced
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 100 ml single cream
- 100 ml good quality reduced stock (jus)
- Splash aged sherry vinegar
- handful Chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- knob butter
- dash extra virgin olive oil
- 150 ml basmati rice
- Start by cooking the rice. This is the most time consuming part - we won't go into detail here, but Delia gives detailed instructions here http://www.deliaonline.com/how-to-cook/rice-and-pasta/how-to-cook-perfect-rice.html
- Gently tear the oyster mushrooms, cut beef fillet into strips, chop the shallot an dslice gherkins, then mix them all together on a plate
- Mix through the salt, pepper and a teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Melt butter in frying pan and add a dash of oil until it’s very hot. Throw in the mixed ingredients and sauté for just one minute.
- Add splash of vinegar
- Add stock and cream then bring to the boil and remove from heat.
- To season, sprinkle on the chopped parsley
- Serve immediately with basmati rice
- Cuisine: Modern European